Last updated on December first 2020.
We are Napoleon Games, known as Napoleon Games NV with headquarters in Korte Keppestraat 23 bus 6, 9320 Erembodegem with company number BE0424851684.
2. Personal data
The limited amount of personal data which we may store shall be collected in the following ways:
- Business relations: When you contact us regarding our services as a (potential) customer or partner, we process your full name, contact details (e-mail address, telephone number, office and/or residential address), and other information necessary for the order, invoicing or collaboration (such as your bank details, contact history or information regarding your previous orders);
- Marketing: if you give us your explicit approval, we shall process your full name and e-mail address, for direct marketing, sending newsletters, offers and promotions about our products and services. You can always unsubscribe at any time.
Although you are never obliged to give us your personal data, a refusal to provide the necessary data may hinder or make it impossible for us to provide our services.
3. Purposes for processing
We process your personal data as part of our general customer and order management or in order to provide our services. This includes customer administration, following up on orders and deliveries, invoicing, answering questions and for marketing purposes.
The processing takes place on the basis of the following types of legal bases:
- Based on your approval;
- If it is necessary for implementing the Agreement;
- If it is necessary in order to comply to a legal obligation;
- In order to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- In order to complete a task of general interest;
- If it is necessary for the defence of our legal interests to conduct business.
Insofar as the processing of personal data takes place on the basis of your explicit approval, you still have the right to withdraw your approval.
4. Sharing with third parties
If this is necessary in order to achieve the aforementioned purposes, we may share your personal data with employees and our professional partners. Our partners shall in turn take the necessary technical and organisational measures in order to protect this personal data.
We shall never commercialise your personal data by transferring it to third parties. However, in the case of a possible reorganisation, bankruptcy or the transfer of activities, the data which is part of our company activities may be transferred to third parties.
In certain cases, we may be obliged to transfer your personal data on the basis of a court order or a binding legislation, such as part of fraud prevention or security issues, or in order to protect our rights.
5. Storage period
We shall process and store the personal data for as long as is necessary in order to accomplish the aforementioned purposes, according to our contractual relationship, to comply with legal requirements, or as part of a standard retention mechanism which is reasonably limited in time (back-ups).
6. Your rights
All individuals whose personal data we store have the right to:
- Access their personal data;
- To correct or complete their personal data if this is incorrect or incomplete;
- To have their personal data deleted;
- To limit the processing of their personal data;
- To oppose the processing of their personal data for a serious and legitimate reason;
- To have their data transferred to another company.
To exercise the aforementioned rights, you can contact us by post or via [email protected]. Upon receiving your request, we must be able to verify your identity.
All individuals whose personal data we store also have the right to enter a complaint to the Commission for the Protection of Privacy (Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel, [email protected]).
We apply the standard technical and organisational measures which may be reasonably expected of us in order to protect your personal data against destruction, loss, changes, counterfeit, distribution or illegal access.
Personal data shall only be passed on to a partner in a country outside the European Economic Area if the country guarantees appropriate security levels for your personal data. Before sharing personal data with a partner in the United States of America, we require a separate processing agreement or a certification in accordance with the Privacy Shield Framework (www.privacyshield.gov).
We may not be held liable for the misuse or illegal use of personal data by a third party. Furthermore, you remain responsible for the confidentiality and the use of your computer, IP address, login and identification data.
9. Your privacy
Your privacy is important to us.
We also do everything within our power to protect this and the legal compliance with the following is very important to us: (i) the Law from 8 December 1992 to protect the personal privacy regarding the processing of personal data (as amended by the Law of December 1998, “Law on Processing Personal Data”); (ii) the anti-spam provisions from Book XII of the Economic Justice Code regarding the right of the electronic economy; and (iii) the European Regulation 2016/679 from 27 April 2016 regarding the protection of personal data (“General Data Protection Regulation”).